What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change font color on e-mail in ipad 2

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have trying to figure out how to changed font color on the iPad 2 when doing the e-mail in the iPad 2 but so far I have been getting no where.
Thanks for your help
Tom

Moderator edit...removed Email addy. Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tom-for your sake and reducing your chance of receiving Spam emails, I have removed your email address.

It is also against the forum rules .

Thanks!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have trying to figure out how to changed font color on the iPad 2 when doing the e-mail in the iPad 2 but so far I have been getting no where. Thanks for your help

Hi Tom - I'm assuming that you're referring to the native mail app that comes w/ the iPad2 (not-JB)? If text is selected in an email response, the only options appear to be B/I/Underline - not sure if font color is possible?

Now, I've never wanted to add color myself and may not know other options? Hopefully, others will 'chime in' w/ advice - good luck! :)

OP
T

tomcorbett28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tomcorbett28 said:
I have trying to figure out how to changed font color on the iPad 2 when doing the e-mail in the iPad 2 but so far I have been getting no where.
Thanks for your help
Tom

Moderator edit...removed Email addy. Please read the forum rules.

I don't understand why this was remove. I thought it was a good question.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The question is fine, but email addresses in posts is against the rules, for the reasons stated by Skimonkey. This site is crawled by countless bots. You don't want your email address to be grabbed by them. You'll receive spam from places you never heard of.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Okay I will repost I'm sorry.

Hi again Tom - I'm not sure what was 'removed' from your OP other than your email address - if your question is still clear, i.e. the one that I responded to, then no need to re-post. A further thought was to compose your post in another app (such as Pages) and then simply paste into your mail message - I've not given that a try, but just a thought? Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only way to send colored text using the iPad is a third party app. You can send it using the Mail app, but you'll need a something else to create an HTML email. This is possible because while Mail does not provide HTML editing tools, it is capable of displaying HTML emails.

The only thin I have that will do this is Blog Docs. It's a kind of quirky app that lets you create HTML files in a WYSIWYG environment. The documents you create can be exported in a number of ways. For Mail, you can either copy and paste the parts you want into a new email (creating a snippet of colored text), or send the entire document as an email directly from the app.

Depending on what you want to do, this is either to much trouble, or a good tool.

Here is a fairly simple recipe template I created a few days ago. I just sent it to myself, and the screens hot is how it appears in my iMac's inbox; which is pretty much how it looks in the Blog Docs app and in Mail on the iPad.

RecipeEmail.jpeg

There are other tools to do this, a few even targeted at the creation of email. This one is supposed to be (mostly) about blog posts. Search around and find the tool you want.

Edit: I tried copy and pasting some text from app to app, and could not make it work; though I know it has in the past. I was forced to start to send the document as an email, and then copy and paste the parts I wanted out of the body of the email in that app to the Mail app. That worked.

I did say the app was quirky.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts