What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominica & iPad

ml17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello:

I just purchased an iPad 2 for my girlfriend starting Ross University in Dominica. I will give it to her next Thursday as a gift for her white coat ceremony. I noticed that you live in Dominica. I purchased the 16gb 3g for AT&T. I wanted to inquire with you about service there. I know there's LIME or Digicel. But I cannot find anything about activating the iPad for just data. I was wondering if you may know how to do this? Also she has an iPhone 3GS and needs to get that activated. What is the monthly cost? What to I tell them when I get there and want it activated? Also, I see the iPad 2 uses micro SIM, do the carriers there support this? I was thinking of just having AT&T here in the states provide the service, but it is EXPENSIVE.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can see coverage maps, operators and plans for Dominica here.

GSM Coverage Maps | Dominica (Commonwealth of)

As you mentioned, the iPad uses a microSIM and these are not very widespread at the moment. However, you can purchase a SIM cutter from retailers such as Amazon that enable you to trim the excess plastic off a regular SIM to make it into a microSIM. These are not very expensive and it would probably be a worthwhile investment to take one with you.

Most members have found that an AT&T iPad needs to be initialised first in the US using a pre-pay AT&T microSIM. Once it has been initialised, it can be used with other SIMs without any trouble.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts