What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! I have a user that upgraded their iPad 1 to ios 5.0.1...

beege

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...Once it updated it rebooted but only shows a black screen. I have held down the power and home button to shut if off. When I power it back on, the Apple Logo flashes very quick, then it goes back to the black screen. I have tried to restore it but it didn't work.

How should I proceed?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you held down on the power and home buttons until you get the apple logo? The "slide to power off" bar will show - just ignore it. The screen should go black and then you should get the white apple logo. It may be a while before the logo appears; just keep holding the buttons until you see the logo, then release them. Then, after a while (and it could be a rather long while...especially if you're watching it), the homescreen should come back.

That's a full reset of the iPad. Try that and see what you get. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
B

beege

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've held down the power and home buttons for a long time. I see the white Apple logo flash but the screen stays black. I never see the "slide to power off" bar. It does nothing. Just a black screen.

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beege said:
I've held down the power and home buttons for a long time. I see the white Apple logo flash but the screen stays black. I never see the "slide to power off" bar. It does nothing. Just a black screen.

Take it to the Apple store and tell them what happened. There may be something you are missing, there may be something they can "finesse", they may be able to reimage it for you (which is a no charge). But, if the upgrade bricked the device, which is rare but not impossible, they should be willing to do something for your customer, even if the device is off warranty.

Most reactions

Latest posts