What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Apple Files app

SteveO1225

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife’s IPad Pro running iOS 15.7 seems to be missing the files app. Sh has barely one page of apps so it is easy to see the few apps she has. Doing a down swip on the Home Screen and typing
“Files app” into the search box does not return anything. Except the Safari suggestion. What are my options. Can I download this missing app from the App Store? if so, what is the proper name to search or retrieve? By the way, I shut down and restarted the IPad without effect prior to making this post.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you can go to the App Store and download it again.

It is possible to delete the Files app, and several other Apple apps. Not entirely, but the icon and some of the app will be removed, though most of the system level stuff that other apps depend on will still be installed. All of those apps are available for download on the App Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts