What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 13.1.2 Today View

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello again all......
Does anyone know how to “delete” this new “Today View” thing that’s on the left side of the home screen??

Went to “edit” and “keep on home screen” Thats off....not green!

Any thoughts appreciated.....Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can’t remove Today View from your Home Screen completely. A workaround would be to remove all the widgets.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello again all......
Does anyone know how to “delete” this new “Today View” thing that’s on the left side of the home screen??

Went to “edit” and “keep on home screen” Thats off....not green!

Any thoughts appreciated.....Ken

Hi Ken - not completely clear if your 'Today View' is just there or you are swiping to bring it up? But just a couple of questions: 1) In Settings > Display & Brightness - are you using the 'More' or 'Bigger' home screen layout; and 2) Do you use landscape mode most of the time or have the orientation locked in that view? I'm on the 'bigger icons' and the widget edit menu is different, i.e. does not allow 'pinning' of Today View to the home screen in landscape mode, BUT just to test I switched to the smaller icon option and then was able to select the top selection below in the pic.

SO, if you switch to the larger icons, the home screen pinning is NOT available or in the smaller icons screen can be switched off - I've also limited what I see when I swipe on my home screen to just 5 widgets shown below - for more help see LINK 1 and LINK 2. Dave

IMG_8933.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Removing all the widgets does not eliminate the Today view. It leaves you with the clock, date, and the edit button; and a lot of blank space.

The three choices are:

1) Use the Bigger view, which acts like much like iOS 12. Swiping from the left edge replace the entire screen with the Widget/Today view. However, you only get 15 icons per screen.
2) Use the More view and be able to swipe the widgets on/off the left 1/3rd of the main Home Screen.
2) Use the More view and “Keep Today View on Screen” so that the main Home Screen always shows the widgets.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip twerppoet I’m always in locked landscape mode and I just switched it to “bigger” mode which was just what I was looking for!! I never would have found it.
Hi Ken - not completely clear if your 'Today View' is just there or you are swiping to bring it up? But just a couple of questions: 1) In Settings > Display & Brightness - are you using the 'More' or 'Bigger' home screen layout; and 2) Do you use landscape mode most of the time or have the orientation locked in that view? I'm on the 'bigger icons' and the widget edit menu is different, i.e. does not allow 'pinning' of Today View to the home screen in landscape mode, BUT just to test I switched to the smaller icon option and then was able to select the top selection below in the pic.

SO, if you switch to the larger icons, the home screen pinning is NOT available or in the smaller icons screen can be switched off - I've also limited what I see when I swipe on my home screen to just 5 widgets shown below - for more help see LINK 1 and LINK 2. Dave

View attachment 87797

It was in “more” mode. Thanks for all the help...Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts