What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 and Garageband

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quite a while back I lost the chord names off of the smart guitars in GarageBand. I cannot find that there is a fix for this in the settings. I don't find anything about this on the web. The best thing would be for me to use it as a learning experience and figure them out, but I would like to have them displayed again. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You lost the chord names... I don't know what you mean. But you can change chords in the setting of the smart guitar, of that is what you mean?

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Rudy. I am also missing the letters representing the chords in the smart strings. You can see these letters in the picture examples in the Apple App Store for GarageBand. The picture of the smart strings shows a chord name at the top of each chord area on the neck. Before an update the chord letter names used to show up on GarageBand on my iPad. I don't know if they are showing up on other's iPads and it is unique to iPad 1.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They should show up. See picture below, I have disabled the second chord.
Use the option "edit chords". If that is not the problem, I don't know what is.

Attachments

• image-2583559007.jpg
    image-2583559007.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 280
OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my iPad I'm not getting the letters as in these pictures. On my iPhone the chord letters are there and helpful. Maybe I'll drag my wife's laptop to a place with good wifi and do a full restore on my iPad. It's a tricky endeavor, in that I have to connect to Apple and restore from backup. I'm on dialup at home and this sometimes times out.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• image-321644087.jpg
    image-321644087.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 262
  • image-2800703048.jpg
    image-2800703048.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 230

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before restoring your iPad, maybe you should remove Garageband and reinstall it? But I guess you have already tried this.

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Rudy, but I already tried that. I backed up my songs to iTunes first. I also emailed some of them out previously.

Most reactions

Latest posts