What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost alert sounds

tx3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody able to help me? I seem to have lost my alert sounds. This is really important for me as I rely on it for work. Things Ive done are, reset all settings. Made sure alll turned on in settings and as far as im aware Ive made sure not muted in the taskbar.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No mention of checking the volume level - button on side upper right in portrait mode. Been there done that.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tx3 said:
Anybody able to help me? I seem to have lost my alert sounds. This is really important for me as I rely on it for work. Things Ive done are, reset all settings. Made sure alll turned on in settings and as far as im aware Ive made sure not muted in the taskbar.

There is a sound bug that has been reported with a fair amount of frequency. Most case however involve loss of in app sound, not so sure about alerts being included. In any event the fix is quick and effective in many cases and certainly won't cause you any harm to try. Please do precisely as instructed and in the sequence provided. Please post back to communicate if the fix worked.

1. Settings/General/Use side switch to: Check MUTE if not already selected. If mute is selected toggle to Lock Rotation then back to mute.
2. Physically set the side switch to MUTE. Make sure the red dot is visible, this assures the switch is in the ON position.
3. Physically set the side switch to MUTE OFF. Make sure the red dot is no longer visible, this assures the switch is in the OFF position.
4. Test to see if problem has been resolved
5. Please post back with results

Good luck.

Mike39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fantastic. Worked a treat. This has really been bugging me for about a month - could not use an Anchorwatch App which neede noise to wake me if I drifted at anchor

Anonymous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a sound bug that has been reported with a fair amount of frequency. Most case however involve loss of in app sound, not so sure about alerts being included. In any event the fix is quick and effective in many cases and certainly won't cause you any harm to try. Please do precisely as instructed and in the sequence provided. Please post back to communicate if the fix worked.

1. Settings/General/Use side switch to: Check MUTE if not already selected. If mute is selected toggle to Lock Rotation then back to mute.
2. Physically set the side switch to MUTE. Make sure the red dot is visible, this assures the switch is in the ON position.
3. Physically set the side switch to MUTE OFF. Make sure the red dot is no longer visible, this assures the switch is in the OFF position.
4. Test to see if problem has been resolved
5. Please post back with results

Good luck.
I cannot believe it but this worked!!! I am thrilled! I had tried everything-even deleting all my information, rebooting with iTunes several times,spending hours on the phone with Apple and nothing worked.The last thing they said to me was the computer probably will need to come in for repair since we tried everything else.I was just about to buy a new tablet because my alerts are the most important thing for me. But I was sad I was going to have to give up Siri. I barely even noticed that button before and I thought it was a reset button or something. No one from Apple told me about it. I didn't even know you could toggle it. It must've been hit accidentally so that I lost all my alerts. Thank you again! You saved me!

Most reactions

Latest posts