What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More than 6.5 Million Paying Customers have Signed up for Apple Music

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple music.png

Apple CEO Tim Cook has disclosed recently during a interview with Wall Street Journal that more than 6.5 million people have signed up for Apple Music since the $10-a-month streaming music service launched at the end of June. He added the following:

"I'm finding personally that I'm discovering a whole lot of music that I wasn't listening to before. I think it's fabulous. And to have over 15 million on there, and 6.5 million in the paid category, I'm really happy about it, and I think the runway here is really good."

The CEO also added that another 8.5 million people are participating in the music service's 90-day free trial. Cook also spoke about the company's responsibility in promoting human rights, improving the environment and touting education.

Cook also spoke about Apple Music's benefits over rivals like Spotify, saying "we have music experts, just like the DJ when we were growing up...that are deciding what's next. It brings the art back in music."

Apple Music offers streaming music with playlists curated by "music experts," a 24/7 radio station called Beats 1 and a social feature called Connect that brings together musicians and their fans. An individual membership costs $9.99 /mo and you have to pay $15 per month if you want a family plan.

Source: WSJ

Most reactions

Latest posts