What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newest Member!

JTeacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
I am a new IPad 2 user. It is for school; I am an elementary special education teacher.I am looking for new and innovative ways to engage students.
My big question right now is:
Using the IPad2 as a camera, I can hold the device over a writing piece to display using a projector, but it is wobbly. Is there a piece of equipment I can buy to place the IPad on OVER the piece of work so we can read it, edit it, and further develop the writing as a small group??

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several iPad stands available that you can use to support the iPad. Some have flexible mounts too that enable the iPad to be moved to any orientation - like some desk lights - so you could then position the iPad over whatever it was you wanted to project and there wouldn't be any vibration or movement. Some of the iPad Forum sponsors have such mounts for sale, too, so have a look through their sections for some ideas.

Tim

OP
J

JTeacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where doI find some to look at? I haven't been able to do that.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our sponsor, PadHoldr.com, has several great stands that will fulfil your requirements, I hope.

Tim

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the idea of using an iPad in the role of document camera. It would be useful for companies, like the one referenced in this thread, to market a stand that was specifically designed as a document camera. The next issue would be how the iPad would project to a digital projector. Certainly you can use the Apple dongle that connects to a VGA cable, but a wireless solution for projecting to a digital projector would be much better. I hope to acquire an Apple TV device so that I can experiment with the wireless projection capability, but the HDMI port concerns me since most digital projector use VGA connections.

Most reactions

Latest posts