What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem setting up screen time passcode

ddyfad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - we have bought a 9th generation iPad fpr my 8 year old son. As part of the parental control setup process you have to set screen time restrictions then make up a passcode to allow you, the parent to change them. You enter the four digit code of your choice twice but after the second time there's no button or option to proceed beyond this. If you opt to go back intending to set up the passcode later it still insists on you doing it there and then and so the problem remains. If you try to go all the way back to say you'll set up parental controls another time you can't because the "set up later" button on the initial page no longer works.

So we're stuck in this process, unable to use the iPad for anything else. I suppose I could just power it off, but I'm worried that we might then miss out further important aspects of the setting up of the device.

Thanks for any suggestions!

David

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - we have bought a 9th generation iPad fpr my 8 year old son. As part of the parental control setup process you have to set screen time restrictions then make up a passcode to allow you, the parent to change them. You enter the four digit code of your choice twice but after the second time there's no button or option to proceed beyond this. If you opt to go back intending to set up the passcode later it still insists on you doing it there and then and so the problem remains. If you try to go all the way back to say you'll set up parental controls another time you can't because the "set up later" button on the initial page no longer works.

So we're stuck in this process, unable to use the iPad for anything else. I suppose I could just power it off, but I'm worried that we might then miss out further important aspects of the setting up of the device.

Thanks for any suggestions!

David
If you set up the iPad opting for set up Screentime restrictions later you should be able to complete that process first. Then you can go to Screentime in Settings and set up restrictions there.

OP
D

ddyfad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you set up the iPad opting for set up Screentime restrictions later you should be able to complete that process first. Then you can go to Screentime in Settings and set up restrictions there.
Thankyou - I'll try that when I have more time tomorrow

Most reactions

Latest posts