What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Dims!

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every so often the screen on my Pro will dim, then rebrighten-seemingly on a random basis. I have it set to automatic, but the light level isn't changing.

Anyone else notice this problem?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't had exactly that problem. What often happens on my devices is that the screen brightness often goes all the way up and stays there, greatly decreasing battery life.

abetancort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
TheCanaries.org
At around an inch to the right of your iPad FaceTime camera, when holding it upright in a portrait orientation, your iPad has a ambient light sensor (you won't see it if you don't use UV light). If your iPad is on auto-brightness, every time you cover this sensor with your hand or anything that blocks light for more than five seconds, it will start to dim just until you remove it from the sensor when it'll start to gain brightness again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
An inconviniently placed, directonal light source can also cause this. If you sitting so that the light souce is sometimes blocked from the sensor the iPad's brightness will decrease after a bit, then brighten when you move it back. This can seem random unless you realize what's going on.

Most reactions

Latest posts