What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vocal Editing

BeggarMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks sorry if I repeat this in any capacity, but here is my dilema.. Well a few of them.

#1. Virtual virgin to Mac anything other than an ipod.
#2. I run a Podcast, so I "play" music but not actually play music.

But the real quiestion is I conduct interviews with bands and use a Tascam field recorder. The files get dumped to an external device. I would love to edit these files specfically right now, but am having no luck. Would also like to be able to record the podcast too.

Up to this point I have use Audacity for Windows and each vocal or song was a speerate track. Any insight would be great and I dont want to spend $100's on software that won't work for me.

Thanks,

Phil

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There a a huge number of apps to do what you want. I did a quick search in the App Store, and Overdub looked really interesting. It's free, with an in-app purchase to upgrade if you decide you like it.

Anyway, I searched for interview recorder, and saw lots of apps to choose from.

I've read about bloggers and podcasters using their iPhones and (occasionally) iPads for audio interviews. Can't remember what apps they were using, but on the hardware side Blue Microphones get a lot of mentions and praise.

OP
B

BeggarMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.. I have done some searching on the Apps Store but its no overwhelming for a noob. :) Plus it's much more reassuring to draw off other people past successes. In Respose to you Gabriel I will be operating in only MP3 and WAV format primarily. And out of everything I searched, I did not search for interview recorder.. whoops :) Primarily I use a Tascam field recorder for my interviews and dump them to a PC.. and I use a Mix Board thourgh the same. PC for my Podcasts, but I want to transition to the iStudio is202 iPad Dock for my Podcasts as I have been starting to do alot of remote experiments. Thanks again, will check back to see if you have any further advice, really appreciate your time answering me. Phil

Most reactions

Latest posts