What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***CANNOT email from Safari

maemer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm on a great site in Safari...want to share it...click the square w/arrow up...up pops the little box...I click email...up pops the email...and just as soon as I put in my persons first 2 or 3 letters of their name...poof...it goes away.....where does it go...I didn't hit Send...didn't have time....gone into the wild blue yonder.....okay guys, y'all gotta do yet another update...please

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can't find them in your account's Drafts folder, they're gone.

Try resetting your iPad (Home and Power button), perhaps this will help.

OP
M

maemer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can't find them in your account's Drafts folder, they're gone.

Try resetting your iPad (Home and Power button), perhaps this will help.
I religiously REBOOT my iPad & iPhone every Sunday....so that won't work for me....several people say to use a different OS...I dont want to do that...I want APPLE to fix their problem!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You started another thread today in which you said:

the new update has NOT SOLVED my original problem!!!
If I am on Google or Safari....I CANNOT share the site...as soon as I put in the first 2 letters of the receipient's name...POOF!!!!! It disappears!
Does anyone out there have a solution? Please

I've moved that post here as making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

And - I cannot duplicate your issue. When I try to use the sharing options as you've described, I can/do create and send an e-mail.

As a workaround, may I suggest you try copying the link and then opening the Mail app to post from there? Yes, I know it's a bit of a kludge, but at least it'll work...

Sorry to not be of better assistance.

Marilyn

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I religiously REBOOT my iPad & iPhone every Sunday....so that won't work for me....several people say to use a different OS...I dont want to do that...I want APPLE to fix their problem!

If by Reboot you mean just turning the iPad off and then later turning it on again then that isn't the same as a Reset.

To Reset, hold the home and power button down until the Apple logo appears (the screen will go dark first), then release the buttons and leave the iPad alone for a while as it may take much longer to Reset than merely Reboot.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have no idea when people say use another os. That is crazy. First I cannot duplicate your issue I can send emails without issue from both safari and Google. So let's look at what maybe causing it. First have you removed the mail, Safari, and Google app from multitask window. Have you completed a hard rest as recommended above. Go into safari preferences and remove web site data not need by swiping left. Try the above and get back to us

Most reactions

Latest posts