What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic computers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of my iMac G3 Snow from 2000. It's running OS X 10.4.8 Tiger. It has a 500 MHz PowerPC G3 processor, 640MB of SDRAM and a whopping 20GB hard drive.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've found the Apple download link to update it to OS X 10.4.11. I'll try that later today.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Boy! My habit for decades is to dump my computers when I get new ones - my first PC in the mid-80s (which replaced an Apple II+ w/ two 5 1/4" floppies) had a 20 MB HD - thought that we would never fill up that capacity - HA HA!

Don't know if you're a visitor (or even a member) at the Mac Forums, but this kind of thread would go over BIG there - plenty of computer experts (especially the mods) that have Macs going back to their initial release and still working - take a look, if of interest - BTW, I'm RadDave there. Dave :)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Boy! My habit for decades is to dump my computers when I get new ones - my first PC in the mid-80s (which replaced an Apple II+ w/ two 5 1/4" floppies) had a 20 MB HD - thought that we would never fill up that capacity - HA HA!

Don't know if you're a visitor (or even a member) at the Mac Forums, but this kind of thread would go over BIG there - plenty of computer experts (especially the mods) that have Macs going back to their initial release and still working - take a look, if of interest - BTW, I'm RadDave there. Dave :)
Thanks, I'll check it out.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Looks useful. I just joined. Just to be scintillatingly boring, I used my usual forum name.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't make me take a photo of my 6100. (I think I know under which pile of basement junk it currently resides...)

My wife occasionally fires up her Bondi G3 iMac for some ancient app that requires OS9. I've tried to explain about Sheepshaver, but inertia reigns triumphant.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I recently finally had to get rid of my old Mac Plus and SE 30. I still have my 7500 with faster processor. It goes between 9.2.2 and an early version of OSX.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow thata is cool. I never had a imac. I was mostly a microsoft windows person. but a long time ago I had a Macintosh Classic 2 computer from 1986.

Most reactions

Latest posts