What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating folders

Luckett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to create folders to clean up my apps and can't find where to do that thx:)

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap and hold one of your icons until they all start wiggling.

Then drag one icon onto another, it will create a folder. You can later rename that folder whatever you want.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold on to the app until it wiggles, then drag it over to another app (it's like stacking them). A folder will be able to hold 20 apps.

For more tips on the ios4.2.1 hit the bookmark on safari and scroll down. Look for the ipad manual.

Happy New Year!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can i do something like that if i wanna create more folders within the "photo" app that came with the ipad?

OP
L

Luckett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks not sure if im doing something wrong when they wiggle and i try to stack them the bottom icon just moves out of the way urgh!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you upgraded to the latest operating system? Plug in the iPad, go into iTunes and click "check for updates"

You can only do the folders on the latest version.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, if you DO have iOS 4.2 and your folders/icons are on the corners, they make keep trying to slip away. I don't know why. To solve it, I just move the icon/folder so they aren't on the corners.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts