What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email issue

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I hope someone can help me. I am new to this and got my first iPad last week. I have managed to set up email
However if my pc is already on and someone sends me an email, it only goes to my pc inbox and not my iPad inbox, do u know how I can get it to show in both?

Thanks very much

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It may not be the iPad set-up, but how the PC handles emails. First thing to know is what sort of email service you have. Secondly, what PC program you use for accessing your email, and thirdly which set-up you used on your iPad?

Although, I'm guessing that the PC is downloading them first, thus no longer residing on the mail server for the iPad to access.

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
Well this is simple, you have you of email client set to erase the emails as it downloads them
Most people have this set up this way (it usually is by default)
If not it would stay on your email server and pile up till it gets full
What I do is tell my pc NOT to check email unless it tell it to, or "manual only"
That way I get my email on my iPad as the priority and not the other way around, or you can forward a copy to your Apple address from your main email account
That way you have two different address getting the same mail
There are several possibilities but you gay where I am going with this

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

HiddenPuppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I hope someone can help me. I am new to this and got my first iPad last week. I have managed to set up email
However if my pc is already on and someone sends me an email, it only goes to my pc inbox and not my iPad inbox, do u know how I can get it to show in both?

Thanks very much

I would imagine that you have set up your computer to do POP mail, meaning that once it downloads an email it is gone from the server. You either have to set up the computer and the ipad as IMAP or make sure that in your email options you check mark "leave a copy on the server" With IMAP what ever you do to your email on either the computer or the ipad is what happens to the other. For example if you delete an email on the computer it will delete it from the server and the ipad.

Hope this helps,
HiddenPuppy

OP
D

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks so much for the responses. I am using microsoft windows mail. I don't suppose u know how I can see if it is set up as iMac or pop? Also gone into tools and options on my pc and can't see where I can click 'leave a copy on the server'. Sorry but as you can guess, I am not very computer literate and would really appreciate easy step by step instructions. Thanks so much

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Deb960 said:
Hi thanks so much for the responses. I am using microsoft windows mail. I don't suppose u know how I can see if it is set up as iMac or pop? Also gone into tools and options on my pc and can't see where I can click 'leave a copy on the server'. Sorry but as you can guess, I am not very computer literate and would really appreciate easy step by step instructions. Thanks so much

Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express on your PC? Who is your email address with? The email provider can often determine what type of connections are available like IMAP or POP/SMTP. It also determines the best way to set-up the iPad to receive these emails.

OP
D

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I think I may have done it!!!!
Thanks for all your advice.

Most reactions

Latest posts