What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello screen

OP
G

Geoffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it's not new it went wrong after the 15.6.1 update and keeps returning to the hello screen

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So when it is idle, it goes back to the setup screen, and make you go through setup again?

Just to be sure we are both talking about the same screen.

OP
G

Geoffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know how to deal with this issue please

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Assuming you are completing the setup, without skipping any required steps (which it probably wouldn't let you do anyway). It's possible that it might not fully setup without an internet connection, so if you've be setting up without internet, give that a try.

Otherwise, it would seem there is a problem with either the OS installed, or the device itself. You can try setting the OS back to factory default. The easiest way to do this is in Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase all Contents and Settings.

If that does not work you can try restoring the iPad using Recover Mode. The only Apple Support link I can find if sor the iPhone, but should probsbly work for the iPad as well. To be safe I'd do a little more research using other tech support sites.

I'm only recommending these two steps without to many qualifiers because I'm assuming you don't have much, if any data to lose on the iPad at this point.

If it's hardware, or even an OS problem, and you have an Apple Store nearby you can have them run a diagnostic. It's free. If there are any charges to fix the iPad they will let you know before proceeding.

Good luck.

OP
G

Geoffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you seems like the latter two
Either the is or the iPad
Thanks for your response

Most reactions

Latest posts