What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air 2 Touch ID wont work

nickc75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had my Ipad Air 2 LCD screen replaced because it was cracked. And now I get a Touch ID unable to activate Touch ID on this Ipad. Is there anyway I can turn this feature off so I dont see this message?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings - Touch ID & Passcode, enter your passcode, then turn off iPad Unlock, Apple Pay and iTunes & App Store.
If you don't use Touch ID, also to remove your fingerprints.

Hope that helps.

OP
nickc75

nickc75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings - Touch ID & Passcode, enter your passcode, then turn off iPad Unlock, Apple Pay and iTunes & App Store.
If you don't use Touch ID, also to remove your fingerprints.

Hope that helps.
I dont have Passcode enabled. And all the locks for all are turned off

OP
nickc75

nickc75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple should have an option to disable Fingerprint use. You are forced to use it on the Air 2. Dumb

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This failure could be a hardware problem. Was your screen replaced by Apple, or by a third party repair service?

OP
nickc75

nickc75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This failure could be a hardware problem. Was your screen replaced by Apple, or by a third party repair service?

It was replaced by a 3rd party that uses original Foxconn Apple Parts. But they said they cant fix this problem when screen is replaced

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple should have an option to disable Fingerprint use. You are forced to use it on the Air 2. Dumb

It was replaced by a 3rd party that uses original Foxconn Apple Parts. But they said they cant fix this problem when screen is replaced
Only Apple or an authorized Apple service centre can get Touch ID working after a home button replacement. Apple doesn't force you to use Touch ID, it can be turned off whenever a user wishes.
If Touch ID has been disabled by a home button replacement, you'll get that notice, which can't be turned off.
Was the home button damaged when the screen was cracked? If not, it should have been possible to keep the original home button assembly when replacing the screen.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just had my Ipad Air 2 LCD screen replaced because it was cracked. And now I get a Touch ID unable to activate Touch ID on this Ipad. Is there anyway I can turn this feature off so I dont see this message?
You should only get this message when you boot up or update the iOS. The Touch ID button circuitry is in a spot that can be damaged when replacing a screen if not careful.

gsmsupport

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gsm-support.co.uk
Some iPad air 2 screens come with complete set with home button.For Touch ID to be working original home button needs to be carefully transferred.It is also possible when screen was damaged small pieces of glass could have cut this flex

Most reactions

Latest posts