What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Dock in iOS 11

Qndnile84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new iPad Pro 10.5”. Updated to 11.2.1 several days ago, most likely right away when that update came out.

Just last night, my dock started relocating. It moved from the center to the left, and stayed there. I restarted, it was centered, and at some point when I closed the game I was playing, or Facebook, or something, it had relocated to the right. If I rotate the iPad, it never recenters itself, only restarting will do it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post to it's own thread where it will receive more attention.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the new iPad Pro 10.5”. Updated to 11.2.1 several days ago, most likely right away when that update came out.

Just last night, my dock started relocating. It moved from the center to the left, and stayed there. I restarted, it was centered, and at some point when I closed the game I was playing, or Facebook, or something, it had relocated to the right. If I rotate the iPad, it never recenters itself, only restarting will do it.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Just for clarification, what do you mean by the dock being 'centered'? The dock is located at the bottom of the display both in the portrait and landscape orientations as shown in the pic below (from the web).

Also, by 'restarted', do you mean using just the ON-OFF button or pressing both the ON-OFF and HOME buttons simultaneously; if you have not tried the latter, then press both until the Apple logo appears, release and allow the device to reboot - let us know. Dave
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 5.34.04 PM.png

OP
Q

Qndnile84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Just for clarification, what do you mean by the dock being 'centered'? The dock is located at the bottom of the display both in the portrait and landscape orientations as shown in the pic below (from the web).

Also, by 'restarted', do you mean using just the ON-OFF button or pressing both the ON-OFF and HOME buttons simultaneously; if you have not tried the latter, then press both until the Apple logo appears, release and allow the device to reboot - let us know. Dave
View attachment 80795

I mean the dock is "centered" at the bottom of the display. The next time it happens, I will try pressing both buttons, since just using the on/off button only seems to fix it for a while.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This sounds like a software problem. There are several posts on the Apple forum about this. Hopefully it will get fixed, as constant rebooting isn’t a permanent solution.

OP
Q

Qndnile84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to thank you all for your help.

I ended up chatting with Apple support, which escalated to a phone call, which escalated to a trip to the Genius Bar. After a hardware diagnostic (nothing wrong there), the tech wiped my iPad, and reloaded the iOS.

I discovered that with at least one app (not sure about others as I haven't had time) I still have the issue. So the problem may lie with the app developers.
So my only hope is for a patch in a future iOS update, and/or the app developer updates to function better with the newest iOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts