What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini screen....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the size..but I sure can tell it's not retina! I'm doing a full restore so I can do a fair shakedown.

Oh...and I love this new connector, too. Apple should have done this years ago! :)

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People always criticize iPad for the 4:3 screen size, mainly because a lot of movies that play in theaters are in more of a 16:9 format.

Well, I bought up the same movie on the mini and the GN7. Surprizingly, the image of the movie is large on the mini than on the GN7. So a 16:9 movie produces a phyically larger image on a 7.9-inch 4:3 screen than on a 7-inch 16:9 (or 16:10, not 100% sure) screen.

Attachments

• image-1931129710.jpg
    image-1931129710.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 379

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I played with my mom'sand sister's mini yesterday for a while. On a non retina iPad vs a retina iPad, I can hardly tell a difference between the displays. But I could tell that the mini did not have retina. With the smaller screen especially in portrait you can see the pixels when reading very small text. In landscape mode I couldn't tell.

Retina would have made this iPad perfect so I'm a little bummed that it didn't have it. Am I going to cancel my order? Hell no.

The overall experience of using a mini was awesome. The size and weight didn't feel cheap to me at all. It felt like on true apple product through and through. This size is a perfect balance and the weight felt geat.

I didn't play any hard core games, but the speed also felt fine. Videos looked amazing and played seamlessly.

As you can tell form my sig I like apple gadgets and this mini is definitely a strong addition to my list. But I can't wait until the iPad mini2 comes out with retina and a slightly faster chip.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I played with my mom'sand sister's mini yesterday for a while. On a non retina iPad vs a retina iPad, I can hardly tell a difference between the displays. But I could tell that the mini did not have retina. With the smaller screen especially in portrait you can see the pixels when reading very small text. In landscape mode I couldn't tell.

Retina would have made this iPad perfect so I'm a little bummed that it didn't have it. Am I going to cancel my order? Hell no.

The overall experience of using a mini was awesome. The size and weight didn't feel cheap to me at all. It felt like on true apple product through and through. This size is a perfect balance and the weight felt geat.

I didn't play any hard core games, but the speed also felt fine. Videos looked amazing and played seamlessly.

As you can tell form my sig I like apple gadgets and this mini is definitely a strong addition to my list. But I can't wait until the iPad mini2 comes out with retina and a slightly faster chip.

I'd like to see the mini catch up tech-wise, too. I wonder whether Apple will continue to keep it a generation or two behind the latest iPad, to keep differentiation among products.

By the way, I've no idea what you own, because I block sigs and avatars on my forum view, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts