What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad tethering

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to tether my iPad 1 to my iPhone 3GS. They have both got 4.3.1 and I can't find out how to tether without jail breaking. Some threads have intimated that this is possible with 4.3 update. I have also got the latest iTunes 10. Please help with clear instructions.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the feature is not already in your settings menu then the feature has to be turned on with AT&T. This is going to cost you an extra $20 with the minimum data+tethering charge being $45 monthly.

But when phone is jailbroken there are a couple apps that do this but is only a 1 time fee for the app with NO extra monthly charges. Are you on the old unlimited plan or the new 2gb/month plan?

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned Bluetooth tether. Is this possible and how do you do it.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If both have new ios and you have already activated a tethering plan through att, then just turn BT on, on both devices and they should see each other..

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One problem, i'm in the UK and I am on Tesco O2 data plan so i'm not sure if this is what you mean or do I have to pay more for tethering?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your help guys but I found this on the Internet and it kind of answered my question.

Thank you for e-mailing your query to mailto:[email protected]

I am sorry to inform that internet tethering with Tesco Mobile is not supported.

Recently The new Personal Hotspot feature has replaced internet tethering on the iPhone 4. It enables you to use up to 5 devices to connect to your iPhone, three of which has to be done via Wi-Fi and the other two can be done via USB or Bluetooth. Unfortunately Tesco Mobile does not support Personal Hotspot as we cannot support internet tethering.

Thank you both for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts