What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New reminders app with iOS5

cmantz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.IdentityElements.com
Does anyone know if you can text or email a reminder list to someone? If not, that would be nice. Seems like it could make a nice, easy app to use to make a chores list :)

Also I can't figure out how to list my reminders in date due order. It isn't even apparent what order they are currently listed in.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, not texting or emailing, but if you've both got iOS 5 devices you can share lists.

On a computer go to icloud.com and sing in. Open the Calendar app. On the left you will see a list of your calendars and lists you've made. Click on the little wi-fi looking icon to the right of the list you want to share; add their email address and click the Share button.

They should receive an email with a link they can use to subscribe tot he list.

As far as I can tell (and I can't test without someone to test with) lists can only be shared privately and both parties can edit them.

I'm not sure the feature is completely debugged yet. I've had it give server errors before. Let us know if it works for you, if you can use it.

Tedbytes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing regarding reminders. As there is a notes function, a carryover from the previous IOS 4, this might be redundant. I tried cut,copy,paste in reminders and it does not work as well. I was hoping to create a grocery list and send it to my phone as a contact or memo, but no luck. It does appear in the drop down notification bar when you swipe I'd down, but no other way to receive the data.

Most reactions

Latest posts