What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS6 usurping Goggle maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering, is it legal for a company to ruin the product they manufactured after you have purchased it. I bought an iPad 2 with a wonderful app called Maps. It allowed me to do really neat things like drop a pin on the street I grew up on and the view a street level photograph of the house I grew up in. Then I stupidly upgraded the operating system to the next level, which I always thought was the smart thing to do, and now my wonderful google map with street level has be wiped out and replaced with a piece of crap that can't even find the Grand Canyon. Was there any warning per-upgrade? I don't think so. This is plain RUDE and tyrannical of Apple's part. Any up for a class action suit?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wannabebob said:
I'm wondering, is it legal for a company to ruin the product they manufactured after you have purchased it. I bought an iPad 2 with a wonderful app called Maps. It allowed me to do really neat things like drop a pin on the street I grew up on and the view a street level photograph of the house I grew up in. Then I stupidly upgraded the operating system to the next level, which I always thought was the smart thing to do, and now my wonderful google map with street level has be wiped out and replaced with a piece of crap that can't even find the Grand Canyon. Was there any warning per-upgrade? I don't think so. This is plain RUDE and tyrannical of Apple's part. Any up for a class action suit?

There was plenty warning regarding Maps and YouTube. They were removed due to contracts with Google running their course. Also, if Maps is your only reason to own an iPad, it may not be the device for you...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF.

Actually there was a warning pre-upgrade that Google Maps would not form part of iOS 6.

This subject has plenty of threads running, so I'll close this one. This is how we ensure that conversations don't become fragmented here. We prefer to have fewer threads than have the conversation all over the place. Please feel free to join in any threads you would like to.

Here's a link to one of the threads discussing the Maps issue.

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/91075-tim-cook-issues-personal-apology-apple-maps.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts