What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen replaced now the top 1/4 of the screen is white

andreac32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced the screen on the iPad 2. Plus I replaced the wifi cable because I broke that opening the iPad up. Now the top quarter of the screen is white. Please help me understand why and what to do. Everything is attached well. I double checked.

Thank you,
Andrea

PS. I can slide my finger to turn it off even though the top strip is white.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
andreac32 said:
I replaced the screen on the iPad 2. Plus I replaced the wifi cable because I broke that opening the iPad up. Now the top quarter of the screen is white. Please help me understand why and what to do. Everything is attached well. I double checked.

Thank you,
Andrea

PS. I can slide my finger to turn it off even though the top strip is white.

Does the white area rotate when you go from portrait to landscape orientation? If the white area remains stationary, it's almost certainly a hardware fault with the screen or it's connector, possibly caused during installation. To rule out an improperly seated connector, open up the iPad and make sure the connector is properly seated. It's also possible that the connector was damaged during the installation process.
The fact that the slide to turn off function still works means that the digitizer is working properly, even though the screen isn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts