What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software

eydailias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is software that use same as android to streaming video using access point? It use ethernet.

OP
E

eydailias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am doing final year project video streaming using IEEE802.11/n over ipad. The problem is software that listed in apps store is not suitable. For example airplayit. Airplayit is video stream but it store video to pc and using bac-to-back video streaming.i want to find the software that suitable to stream video from pc and store at access point, when using wifi IEEE 802.11/n the ipad can play the video so we can start measure the performance either delay,jitter or packet loss

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.

If I understand, you want something that streams video from the computer to the iPad using a wi-fi network (the IEEE 802.11.n standard specifically). I know there are several people who maintain and stream video libraries on their home networks using NAS drives. Searching for that might lead to some ideas.

Unfortunately that's about all the help I can offer.

I hope someone else can do more.

D

dvdcatalyst

I am doing final year project video streaming using IEEE802.11/n over ipad. The problem is software that listed in apps store is not suitable. For example airplayit. Airplayit is video stream but it store video to pc and using bac-to-back video streaming.i want to find the software that suitable to stream video from pc and store at access point, when using wifi IEEE 802.11/n the ipad can play the video so we can start measure the performance either delay,jitter or packet loss

If your access point has a web-server build-in, you can store your videos there, and access them through the web browser on both Android and Apple devices, if you use MP4 files that are compatible. Just about all devices that have a web browser and are able to play MP4 files (including Blackberry phones and the Playbook) that way.

But in order for the video files to "stream", play while downloading (aka progressive download), you will need to have the quicktime faststart atom enabled on them.

QuickTime 7: Preparing movies for Internet delivery

Most reactions

Latest posts