What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing iphoto album from macbook to iPad mini

Mike Burch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only had the new toy a week for my wife to look at the huge collection of photos sorted by date and events. When they go across to the iPad mini they lose their date order completely. Tried all suggestions but convinced this must be something in urgent need of a fix. Is it just me?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The ordering in the Photos app on the iPad is out of your control. It sorts by either creation or modification date. I don't remember which. Depending on what view you are using it sorts in ascending or descending order. Again, out of your control.

I suppose you could try editing the date in iPhotos on the computer, but I'm not sure what affect this will have. Besides never having tried, I'm running a version or so behind on my iMac.

People who want better control of how their photo albums are displayed and sorted generally use a thrid party app like Photo Manager Pro. There are lots of them, many with specialized features.

You can't get completely away from Photos. You need it for the camera, and for photos you need to share between apps; but for your permanent photo collection a third party app is a good choice.

On the other hand, I only keep a couple hundred photos on my iPad (mostly of family and friends), so Photos is enough for me.

dannm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the app MyPics. You can sort by date or by choice. I believe it is free

Most reactions

Latest posts