What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering nokia to ipad 2

Kitkat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I would try and tether an old nokia 6300 to my iPad 2. I blue toothed them and am now able to access the Internet etc. I have a strange symbol in the top left hand corner of the iPad, two circles interlinked.
Is this costing me a fortune?
Cheers

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
depends on your carrier/provider and tariff

but generally, yes it is expensive, or at least it is here in the UK :(

macthehack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I would try and tether an old nokia 6300 to my iPad 2. I blue toothed them and am now able to access the Internet etc. I have a strange symbol in the top left hand corner of the iPad, two circles interlinked.
Cheers

If you don't mind me asking: how exactly were you able to tether your nokia via bluetooth? I have an E72 and an iPad 2 which I am able to connect via JoikuSpot but would prefer to do that via bluetooth to increase the battery life...

OP
K

Kitkat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I just went to settings, general, Bluetooth and connected the phone to the iPad and it just worked.... Didn't expect it to work but it did. Couldn't Bluetooth to my iPhone though. Don't know why Nokia worked and iPhone wouldn't - you would think that the apple products would work together. Hope thus helps :)

Nickxopt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day.
I've been trying to tether my ipad2 wifi only to some 3g device to be online.
I've found that my ipad can be tethered via wifi with series60 nokia using joikuspot (which drains nokia battery in 2 hours) or via BLUETOOTH with series40 nokia (6500 in my case).
Bluetooth tethering looks the same as tethering with iphone (two crossed circles in top left corner).
Looks like series40 and series60 nokias have different bluetooth drivers or logic. Series40 nokia fells very comfortable with ipad, just as iphone does.
Would like to make e52 working with ipad, since battery is dying immediately using joikuspot……

AMNG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to connect my iPad 2 to my Nokia 6700 c, and found this discussion. My iPad shows the Nokia Bluetooth but does not connect. I want to use my Nokia to access the Internet on the iPad, while on the move. Any updates/help ? Thanks

AMNG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connecting iPad 2 to Nokia 6700 c to access the Internet

Hi, I was trying to connect my iPad 2 to my Nokia 6700 c.
My iPad shows the Nokia Bluetooth but does not connect.
I want to use my Nokia to access the Internet on the iPad, while on the move.
Location Pune, India.
Any updates/help ?
Thanks

Nickxopt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to connect my iPad 2 to my Nokia 6700 c.
My iPad shows the Nokia Bluetooth but does not connect.
I want to use my Nokia to access the Internet on the iPad, while on the move.
Location Pune, India.
Any updates/help ?
Thanks

Is you internet connection on the phone set up? Is your nokia series40 (not smartphone)?
I've just found my nokia in the list of bluetooth devices and voila.
Try to find ipad from the nokia and pair with it.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a tethering feature on the Nokia? I don't own any Nokia device, but thought I would just throw that one out there :D

keyily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers

i suggest that you calm down and try again.Maybe you would get an answer

AMNG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well friends just to keep you updated so far I have not found any solution and there seems to be none,
Regards
AMNG

Most reactions

Latest posts