What's new

Deleting old tabs

420benz

iPF Novice
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
184
Reaction score
1
Location
Ga
how can I delete all tabs at the same time
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 258
I'm afraid you can't afaik. You have to manually delete them all one by one. Maybe a hard reset will work.
 
While you still have to delete them one at a time, if you pinch in on the page so you get to the thumbnail view it's a little bit quicker to close them one at a time; either by tapping on the x or swiping them to the left.

At least it feels that way to me.

Though, it's not something I have to do a lot. I tend to delete tabs as I go along, whenever they're no longer needed.
 
Interesting. I was experimenting to see if there was a way to delete all tabs, in case I'd missed something.

Instead I discovered that you can tap-hold-drag tabs into a different order. I bet that's been there for a long time and I've just never had a reason to try.
 
It was possible to close all at once in iOS 7x by using Private Browsing. That doesn't work any more in iOS 8. The shortest method to get rid of them is to go to Settings - Safari and clear history and website data.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom