What's new

Downgrading from iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.3 iPad 2 Wifi Only

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
530
Reaction score
9
Location
The Netherlands
As the title says.
Is it even possible? I upgraded my iPad 2 to iOS 5 with knowing downgrading back to 4.3.3 would be possible.
But I have read several posts that it is not possible.
When I try to iTunes gives errors, do I need an older version?
 
If you've upgraded to iOS5 there's absolutely no way back to 4.3.3, I'm sorry to say. It simply can't be done. You'll have to wait for an iOS5 jail break.

Tim
 
Howcome? Ealier we used the Tinyumbrella servers to fake the Apple signing server... And now that doesn't work anymore?
If I knew this I wouldn't have upgraded my iPad 2!
 
Are you sure you're not talking about the 3G iPad 2? I know it is not possible with the 3G iPad 2.
I have the WIFI ONLY iPad 2.
 
Blobs no longer work with iOS5. It makes no difference - have a look at Leigh's stickies - he warned everyone about this.

Tim
 
Me also successful downgrade to 4.3.3 3 time with my iPad 2 wifi.it true

Sent from my iPad using iPF
 
IF you have an iPad1 or an iPad2 (<-- WiFi only) AND you have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3 (or any SHSH blobs, for that matter), then yes, you can downgrade to the lower iOS version.

If you have an iPad2 with 3G - then Tim is correct; once on iOS 5, there is no downgrading, whether you have blobs saved or not.

Hope this clarifies things.

Marilyn
 
Are you sure you're not talking about the 3G iPad 2? I know it is not possible with the 3G iPad 2.
I have the WIFI ONLY iPad 2.

Yes - I made a very serious mistake here and I apologise most profusely. You were quite correct the 'no downgrading' applies only to 3G models. I'm very sorry to have misled you so badly. I will go and do a penance and use a Samsung Galaxy Tablet for a day.....:(

Tim
 
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - I made a very serious mistake here and I apologise most profusely. You were quite correct the 'no downgrading' applies only to 3G models. I'm very sorry to have misled you so badly. I will go and do a penance and use a Samsung Galaxy Tablet for a day.....:(

Tim

Haha, it doesn't matter Tim. I am very happy you were wrong! :P
 
A friend of mind downgraded his Ipad 2 3G from iOS 5 to 4.3.3 because he couldnt live without XBMC ;)
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom