What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many photo folders can be uploaded to ipad

Philj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering how many photo folders can be up loaded to ipad through itunes during one sync. Each folder could contain 1 to 150 photos. I am sue I have hundreds of folders and thousands of photos. I am going from windows pc through itunes and connected through usb to ipad4.
Thanks ahead for any help.

Hi Philj - welcome to the forum! :) First, your question cannot be answered w/ the information provided: 1) What is the storage on your iPad (i.e. 16, 32, or 64 GB) and how much is left?; 2) How many photos are you REALLY talking about (e.g. 1K, 2K, 5K, or more.)?; and 3) What are the average sizes of the images on your computer - depending on file format and degree of compression, a single photo may be just 50-100 KB or over 1-2 MB - so you see, there really are TOO many variables.

Second, do you really want to put thousands of photos into dozens (if not a hundred or more) folders on the iPad? The native Photo app on the iPad is mediocre at best for sorting, labeling, and organizing your images (there are plenty of threads, many w/ my posts, discussing its limitations - please try a search) - and once these images are on the iPad, removal can only be done w/ iTunes syncing (and this can be tricky). Before you commit to this project, tell us what you need to accomplish and why you want ALL of these photos on the iPad. Dave

Last edited:
It may be better to keep your iPad for the 'Best of the Best' folders. I have thousands of images on my PC, but the folders I have on the iPad are some of my best. Periodically, I sift them when more images are added. I also only add the images that I have already edited and possibly reduced, but not always .

Alex

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back