What's new

Internet Service Type??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
360
Reaction score
81
Location
South Jersey
What type of internet service are you feeding your wireless router with??

Cable
FIOS
DSL
Something else

Thanks, Ken
 
Comcast. Just did a speed test: 16.7 Mbps

At my apartment I had speeds around 28 Mbps which was nice.
 
DSL here... (I live in the Boonies and it's my only high speed option) I'm served by a Canadian carrier called MTS Allstream. I get 800 Kb/s, so it's not all that bad.

I have to travel 20 miles to get to the nearest 3G coverage area.. I only get Edge where I live, so WiFi wins out :)
 
DSL...I pretty much hate the local cable co and Ma Bell so my options are DSL or dial-up. I'm pretty close to the central office though so my speeds are good.
 
Comcast cable TV, but my ISP is composed of two different DSL services: Verizon and local small-shop.
 
Comcast cable. It took 3 repairman 3 visits to get it to work in cold weather, but has been good service since.
 
Where I am in Texas, I can't get cable or DSL, so I am limited to satellite. It is slow and the bandwidth used is closely monitored but the only other option is dial-up. My iPad is 3G and that works pretty well around the ranch. You cable guys seem to have the best option.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom