What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak iPad 2 iOS6 Downgrade

Rob C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard that it was possible to downgrade iOS 6 on the iPad back to iOS 5 is this correct?

And if so can I downgrade to iOS 5 and then jailbreak my device?

Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rob C said:
I heard that it was possible to downgrade iOS 6 on the iPad back to iOS 5 is this correct?

And if so can I downgrade to iOS 5 and then jailbreak my device?

Thanks

Do you have blobs for iOS 5.x and iOS 4.x? Without blobs, there is no way to download.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is only possible if you have 2 sets of saved SHSH Blobs for your device. The first set must be for any 4.x firmware. The second set must be for the specific version of IOS you want to downgrade to, which would normally be for 5.1.1.

The problem with SHSH Blobs is you cannot hack these. So to have them, you must have taken time to save them away when Apple were still providing them. In this scenario, that means you needed to save your 4.x blobs back in 2011, and your 5.1.1 blobs back in September 2012. There is simply no way round the SHSH Blob security, so if you didn't save them yourself back then, then you are totally out of luck.

If you think you may have them saved, you can follow the guide here to confirm exactly which ones you have - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html. But don't expect to get anything other than 6.0.1 if you have never done this before. To downgrade you must have both a 4.x set of blobs, and a 5.x set to downgrade with.

If you do happen to have both sets of blobs, you can follow my tutorial here to perform the downgrade (it is almost identical to the re-restore process in the guide) - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html

Hope that helps.

OP
R

Rob C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys

In that case no I haven't lol, I haven't specifically saved the blobs and I only purchased my iPad in January this year so won't have anything from 2011

Most reactions

Latest posts