What's new

No service and yet Wi-Fi still works?

Janset

iPF Novice
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
187
Reaction score
13
Location
Perth West Australia
Hi all.
I am still using iOS 7.

The other day I noticed that at the top left corner of the screen where the Wi-Fi
Icon is located, the icon shows that I have maximum Wi-Fi reception, yet just to the left of that icon are the words, "No Service".

My Wi -Fi works perfectly, so can anyone please explain why this is so?

Regards
 
All fixed.

The problem was that I had Data Roaming turned on and at the same time I had an out of date/ invalid SIM card inserted. Poor old girls got a bit confused, or was that me? :)

Regards
 
Hi all.
I am still using iOS 7.

The other day I noticed that at the top left corner of the screen where the Wi-Fi
Icon is located, the icon shows that I have maximum Wi-Fi reception, yet just to the left of that icon are the words, "No Service".

My Wi -Fi works perfectly, so can anyone please explain why this is so?

Regards
Do you have a WiFi + cellular iPad with an inactive SIM card? This would explain the no service message next to the WiFi signal strength indicator.
 
All fixed.

The problem was that I had Data Roaming turned on and at the same time I had an out of date/ invalid SIM card inserted. Poor old girls got a bit confused, or was that me? :)

Regards

Yep. The No Service bit is all about cellular. It doesn't affect your wi-fi.
 
Yep. The No Service bit is all about cellular. It doesn't affect your wi-fi.
Thanks for your response. it was only by shear luck that I guessed the answer. :)

Now if I could only "guess" a successful outcome to all the problems that members appear to be having with the 8 x x iOS update, I would REALLY be happy.

regards
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom