What's new

Organising application icons on screen

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I know it must be simple as my 3 year old has somehow managed to do this by accident but I want to put my applications, such as all the kids games I've downloaded into a separate file icon. Looked everywhere for how to do but not been able to find yet, anyone help please, many thanks, patsy
 
patsy1000 said:
I know it must be simple as my 3 year old has somehow managed to do this by accident but I want to put my applications, such as all the kids games I've downloaded into a separate file icon. Looked everywhere for how to do but not been able to find yet, anyone help please, many thanks, patsy

Press and hold an icon (shortcut) until it starts wobbling then drag it over the top of another icon, this will make it create a folder which you can rename and then just drag all the icons into the folder :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)
 
Gabriel1 said:
I was a bit confused so had to go and look......I get easily confused.....

The Archangel

Confused dot com hehehe

It comes to us all eventually :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)
 
Brilliant, so that's how the 3year o,d keeps doing it. I find my icons all over the place. Thanks for your help, this iPad forum really is the bees knees!! Patsy
 
You'd be surprised at some of the things that can happen when small children interact with iPads. Check out threads along the lines of "My kid set (and forgot) a new password. What can I do?" or "My screen is shattered after the kid sat on it. Will Apple replace it? (The iPad, not the kid.)"

Alright, I'm joking, but it's amazing to watch the way quite young children find iOS so intuitive. While adults are scratching their heads wondering how to achieve something, kids are busy doing it.
 
KevinJS said:
You'd be surprised at some of the things that can happen when small children interact with iPads. Check out threads along the lines of "My kid set (and forgot) a new password. What can I do?" or "My screen is shattered after the kid sat on it. Will Apple replace it? (The iPad, not the kid.)"

Alright, I'm joking, but it's amazing to watch the way quite young children find iOS so intuitive. While adults are scratching their heads wondering how to achieve something, kids are busy doing it.

So true! Me and husband now have one each and now there's no fighting with the kids when they want to play games! I'm paranoid about them getting broken though! Been very careful so far!
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom