What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove a folder from email

Polite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An extra folder, which is not part of my account, has appeared on my iPad. I have deleted and set up again but it is still there and I don't know how to get rid of it. I have tried deleting the folder when accessing my mail in iPad but no success. Any ideas of how to delete the folder? Thanks

Last edited:
Polite said:
An extra folder, which is not part of my Hotmail account, has appeared on my iPad email account. I have deleted and set up again but it is still there and I don't know how to get rid of it. I have tried deleting the folder when accessing my mail in iPad but no success. Any ideas of how to delete the folder? Thanks

Can you say the folder's name? Maybe that could give the pro's here (not me) a hint...

hpulmer said:
Can you say the folder's name? Maybe that could give the pro's here (not me) a hint...

It's called "drafts" which is also there under inbox too. There is nothing to delete via safari as it is not there in hotmail, in other words the two do not mirror each other strangely.

Polite said:
It's called "drafts" which is also there under inbox too. There is nothing to delete via safari as it is not there in hotmail, in other words the two do not mirror each other strangely.

Well, then - in the drafts fold all mails which you start writing but decide NOT to send arekept until you decide to delete them or continue writing and send them. This is a system's folder which is occasionally needed, therefore you cannot delete it.
(Why would you want to - does it both you so much?)

Hope this info is helpful...

hpulmer said:

Good question. It didn't occur to me that Polite might be trying to delete one of the default folders.

piperurhy said:
I had the same problem.

Cloud ??? I suspect more than one device on the cloud... If u are using the cloud

Sadly it does bother me and I don't see the need for two folders for the same thing. Thanks anyway.

Polite said:
Sadly it does bother me and I don't see the need for two folders for the same thing. Thanks anyway.

You evre tried to cancel thesending of a message, keeping the draft? Where that message goes? (which is th esexond folder???)

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back