What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing Apps

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad1, and I just got my wife an iPad2. Is it possible to give her some of the apps that I have purchased on my iPad to her? We both have seperate Itunes accounts.

Thanks in advance!

I didn't know you weren't supposed to do it, when I bought my wife hers and did the sync I put some of my free ones on hers and when they got updates Apple locked her account
They worked fine until she tried to update them

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

As long as you have separate accounts, then the answer is no, you can not share apps or music or anything you buy from Apple. What you can do is log into the App Store with your username and password and download whatever you want. But if she wants to update the app, she will need to use your username and password.

The bottom line is that you can share apps as long as you know the other persons Username and Password (you will eventually need this for updates). However, if the app is free you should just get your own apps.

Yes, it is possible and legal.

All you need to do is activate her iTunes with your account and then download the bought apps again with your account. But as was already mentioned, your wife will need your password, if she wants to update. Of course she may just hand you the iPad for updating.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back