What's new

Video playback on iPad2

paulcrick

iPF Noob
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I'm very happy with my iPad2 except for video playback on You Tube and iPlayer. Some videos will play in full, lsome stutter badly - particularly on iPlayer - and I wondered if anyone else had the same experience and found a way to cure it. Embedded Facebook videos sometimes play without a hitch but not often.

I use BT Business Broadband and that works just fine for playback on my MacBook and my work laptop ( a Dell).

Many thanks,

Paul
 
You'll probably have seen that there was a new update to iPlayer just a day or two ago that was designed to fix the stuttering problem. Also allows you to use iPlayer on 3G.

Tim
 
Thanks Tim. I downloaded that and was starting to watch Horizon and noticed it loaded faster but the stuttering remained. I'm going to have a look at it this morning to see if it's anything to do with Broadband contention.

Best,
Paul
 
Have you tried the 'fix all problems' solution of a complete power down - rather than simply putting the iPad to sleep. When you completely switch the iPad off and then on again, the operating system does a lot of 'cleaning up', which can often help intermittent 'issues' that arise.

Tim
 
How do we get round the Flash won't play on iPad2 issues. I assume there is an app for that somewhere?

Thanks Paul
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom