What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1. iPad 2 Mail cache - 2. iPad 2 jailbreak

Linux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

does somebody know a workaround to clear the Mail cache without a complete restore of the iPad 2 and/or a jailbreak that allows to power down the iPad 2 whenever you want and to boot the iPad by itself, IOW without being connected to another computer?

iPad 2, Model MC770FD/A, iOS 9.3.5

IMO this old hardware shouldn't become waste, since it's still quite good for certain tasks.

Regards,
Ralf

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

does somebody know a workaround to clear the Mail cache without a complete restore of the iPad 2 and/or a jailbreak that allows to power down the iPad 2 whenever you want and to boot the iPad by itself, IOW without being connected to another computer?

iPad 2, Model MC770FD/A, iOS 9.3.5

IMO this old hardware shouldn't become waste, since it's still quite good for certain tasks.

Regards,
Ralf
To remove email caches you would need to go to your mail accounts and delete them and then reinstall them. You don’t need a jailbreak to power down an iPad 2. Just press the On/off button and power down.

OP
L

Linux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

thanks, I've already read about the possibility of deleting and reinstalling the accounts. IIRC it's debatable whether this really solves the problem. I'm at least keeping it in mind as a last resort. I hope there is another solution.

As for the jailbreak, that's a misunderstanding. I know how to power off an iPad 2. Since support was dropped a long time ago, I would like to jailbreak the iPad 2. However, I don't want a jailbreak that requires the iPad 2 to be connected to another computer every time it is powered on in order to boot. IOW after the jailbreak, the boot process should work without having to connect the iPad 2 to another computer.

Regards,
Ralf

Most reactions

Latest posts