What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apotop Wi-Reader wireless reader/router

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review, I will be ordering one to take with me on my holiday. Seems perfect option for back up and external storage. When I first found the device I recommended it to 2 clients whom left for Europe about 3 weeks ago. Initial reaction from an email was that it does what it is designed to do without complications. Cheers col

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review, I will be ordering one to take with me on my holiday. Seems perfect option for back up and external storage. When I first found the device I recommended it to 2 clients whom left for Europe about 3 weeks ago. Initial reaction from an email was that it does what it is designed to do without complications. Cheers col

Well that sounds great Col! Would you mind telling me where you will be ordering yours from, seeing as you're in the know on these things ;)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabe, have you tried out a flash drive in this device yet?

If so, were there any problems? I'm just curious. I rely quite heavily on flash drives for transferring data files and image files.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabe, have you tried out a flash drive in this device yet?

If so, were there any problems? I'm just curious. I rely quite heavily on flash drives for transferring data files and image files.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Not yet but I'll give it a go when I get home today and post my results.

The Archangel

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still not sure...

So you do need some wi-fi connection to make it work? Or does it create it's own wifi with just it's batteries?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
There is also a listing for the same one, but with the model number of DW17 - offering 7 hours of battery life. the DW9 (shown in the OP) is listed with 3 hours of battery. Both were on Amazon.com with the DW9 at $79 and the DW17 for $89. I put the DW17 on my wish list.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is also a listing for the same one, but with the model number of DW17 - offering 7 hours of battery life. the DW9 (shown in the OP) is listed with 3 hours of battery. Both were on Amazon.com with the DW9 at $79 and the DW17 for $89. I put the DW17 on my wish list.

Thanks, Gabriel and Somerled. I've ordered the seven-hour one from Amazon.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you do need some wi-fi connection to make it work? Or does it create it's own wifi with just it's batteries?

It creates it's own local wifi network but it can also take a patch cable to operate as a router as well.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts