What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for playing multiple tracks simultaneously?

jesperhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Good to be here.

I have a question regarding the possibility of playing multiple audio tracks simultaneously? I need an app for my iPad that can play an ambient track on a loop and then on top of that play different soundeffects (fx when I press button 1 a door squeaks, button 2 a chain rattles and so on..).

Does anyone know if this app is out there somewhere?

Thanks!
- Jesper

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need something like a DJ app which can mix two tracks, there are a number of these, a starting point would be the djay App, a quick search on the App Store should locate it.

The Archangel

OP
J

jesperhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Good idea! However it seems that with this djay app you can only mix between two audio tracks? My need is to have one underlying tracks and then multiple tracks on top of that.. Any other suggestions?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jesperhs said:
Thanks! Good idea! However it seems that with this djay app you can only mix between two audio tracks? My need is to have one underlying tracks and then multiple tracks on top of that.. Any other suggestions?

I haven't tried but it's possible that GarageBand used as a mixer might be able to achieve this.......but apart from that I'm all out of ideas.

The Archangel

OP
J

jesperhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like that is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks a lot!!

- Jesper

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another option is ThumbJam. You can record loops and play them back while recording new loops, then mix them all down to one WAV file.

Most reactions

Latest posts