What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best stylus for ipad

James96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for best stylus for ipad. Any idea? Bamboo stylus?

tirepup03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the bamboo for about 4 months, use it every day. I would def. recommend buying extra tips. Mine wore out pretty quick.

OP
J

James96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Does apple retail store sell the stylus pens?

OP
J

James96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tirepup03 said:
I've had the bamboo for about 4 months, use it every day. I would def. recommend buying extra tips. Mine wore out pretty quick.

What is the lifetime of your stylus pen's tip?

jor412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About the Apple store -- I'd just browse over there and have a look.

tirepup03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey J, my tip lasted about 3 months. Gf bought a cheaper one and hers lasted about the same. A little tip I read somewhere(and it worked) roll up a piece of tissue and put in the inside of the tip it made the second tip last a month and a half longer.

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could someone explain what is so special about Bamboo's stylus please? I have been using the first of five stylus pens that I bought from Amazon 2months ago for £4.50 ie 90p each. It did take 2weeks for them to arrive but then they did come from Hong Kong p and p free.
Admittedly you can't drag them too hard across the iPad's screen ( I have a screen protector applied) or the tip can fall off but is easily refitted. The pop up add I see with this thread shows Bamboos to be about £29 upwards so I guess there is something more special about them....is there?
Dagwood

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most styluses are either fiber-tipped or rubber-tipped, but there is an unusual third type whose name escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, I find the fiber-tipped ones like those made by iFaraday superior for taking notes because the tip glides with greater ease on the screen than rubber-tipped ones I've tried

Edit: The Adonit Jot styluses were the ones I couldn't remember before. Other forum members have discussed them in other stylus threads.

Last edited:

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this one. Its been little over a month but so far happy with its performance. My only complaint is, its pretty thin. I would have preferred as thick as BIC pens at least.

Occasionally, they sell it for free or 99c. Shipping is about $5 for continental US.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vysakh said:
just curious. what do you people use the stylus for ?

Artists use it for drawing. I use one of mine mostly for taking more legible notes. Using a stylus is more comfortable than using literally writing by hand for people like me.

Sebita2305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just curious. what do you people use the stylus for ?
I use it for taking notes in meetings. It´s quicker than wrinting and eventually you can add sketches. Try it. It is a must have tool on your IPAD. At least for me.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iFaraday stylus is my favorite and I use it to scribble a short note in a meeting when I get tired of typing.

Most reactions

Latest posts