What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmarks in icab

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a recommendation from you guys on here I purchases icab this morning.

Liking it so far but how do bookmarks work? When I add a bookmark it adds it to the toolbar, is there not an option to just add it as a bookmark without going to the toolbar?

Any other tips? What makes this browser so good?

Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap the Bookmark icon. Before you choose New Bookmark, navigate to the folder you want to save it in. In order to back out of a folder you are already in tap the button at the top left of the list. It sounds like you are in the Bookmarks Bar folder. Tapping this button (which probably says Bookmarks) will take you back to the top level folder.

Taping it again (when it says History) will take you to, you guessed it, History. :)

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is bookmarks on the toolbar all the time? The only thing I could do is rename the 'news' folder to 'bookmarks' and then I used that!

Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
So is bookmarks on the toolbar all the time? The only thing I could do is rename the 'news' folder to 'bookmarks' and then I used that!

Cheers

The bookmarks menu is the icon that looks like an open book. I'm no longer sure I know what you are talking about though, perhaps a screen shot?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to use the Bookmarks Toolbar if you don't want to. You can turn if off in the opening screen of the apps settings.
Other than that, the bookmarks in iCab work very similarly to Firefiox and Chrome. You can create your own folders and whenever you save a bookmark you just tick where you want it saved to... Experiment a little more. You should pick it up in no time...

Reaction score
4610e253-97af-b84d.jpg

Sounds like you are saving it in Quick Starter. Bookmarks is just above.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh, I see what is going on. The bookmarks toolbar automaticaly shows the first items in the bookmarks menu, whether they are folders or what. I'm used to there being a specific folder to contain these, rather than the top level. Looks like the way to control this is to use the Edit button and drag the bookmarks you want to show in the bar to the top.

I was confused because I have a folder named Bookmarks Bar, but that is legasy from importing my bookmarks from Safari on the iMac.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Sounds like you are saving it in Quick Starter. Bookmarks is just above.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Sheesh, another way to add bookmarks. This one looks handier than opening the bookmarks themselves. I don't use iCab often, so I haven't fully explored it. Maybe I should take the time. :eek:

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so that's that sorted, I think.

How do you save passwords and usernames in forms?

I tried Facebook but it doesn't seem to work?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm honestly not trying to be an ass... but :D

Have you tried the help which is built into the app? See the screenshot I have posted. There are LOADS of good topics built in which explain many of the apps features. Have a look through that and come back with any questions you have then! ;)

It's not that we're unhelpful, honest :)

Attachments

• image-3759775136.png
    image-3759775136.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 334
OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I'm honestly not trying to be an ass... but :D

Have you tried the help which is built into the app? See the screenshot I have posted. There are LOADS of good topics built in which explain many of the apps features. Have a look through that and come back with any questions you have then! ;)

It's not that we're unhelpful, honest :)

I looked at that! Jeez his lazy do you think I am (I said that to tim as well:)) try going to Facebook and put your username and password in and then click save form, then try to fill form, nothing!

Is it Facebook?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's why I said it in a nice way. You would be amazed at the number of people who just don't bother. To be fair and in my defence, the help system also explains the bookmark stuff which is why I wondered! :)
If you had said, I read and followed the instructions and it STILL doesn't work, that would at least have helped! But you just asked "How do I..." which I interpret differently... sorry.

Now that we KNOW you are not dumb and are following the instructions, I'll look into it a bit further for you OK? :D

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Well, that's why I said it in a nice way. You would be amazed at the number of people who just don't bother. To be fair and in my defence, the help system also explains the bookmark stuff which is why I wondered! :)
If you had said, I read and followed the instructions and it STILL doesn't work, that would at least have helped! But you just asked "How do I..." which I interpret differently... sorry.

Now that we KNOW you are not dumb and are following the instructions, I'll look into it a bit further for you OK? :D

Yes thanks very much!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. So I just tested it.

Facebook home page. Entered my details. Choose "Save Form".
Go to google.
Return to Facebook. Choose "Fill Out Form"... All my details are filled in perfectly.

No problems. Sorry.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
OK. So I just tested it.

Facebook home page. Entered my details. Choose "Save Form".
Go to google.
Return to Facebook. Choose "Fill Out Form"... All my details are filled in perfectly.

No problems. Sorry.

Hmm I'll give it another go then! Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts