What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying a sim in the USA?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will check this out, I would rather just get a prepaid sim and not have to worry about cancelling a plan. It's much simpler than worrying if they will charge my credit card again.
Thanks Tim

I believe that the prepaid sims Tim is talking about are for phones. I don't think there are any prepaid micro sims for iPads.
The other you have is to use you phone to tether your iPad to to gain web access if you phone will allow that.

AS far as cancelling the plan is concerned it takes about 30 seconds and you get an immediate acknowledgement.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
K1W1 said:
I believe that the prepaid sims Tim is talking about are for phones. I don't think there are any prepaid micro sims for iPads.
The other you have is to use you phone to tether your iPad to to gain web access if you phone will allow that.

AS far as cancelling the plan is concerned it takes about 30 seconds and you get an immediate acknowledgement.

Yes, you're right, I followed up Tim's link. But I think I will be getting both at this point. Thanks again for your info, it's good to know that I will get an acknowledgement when I cancel. I've been caught by this in the past, it's such a hassle to rectify.

etftrader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USA SIM voice and data flatrate - prepaid-global.de

get a pay as you go sim - prepaid sim before traveling to united states including data flatrates 6, 14 or 30 days
usa prepaid sim

hughseee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, good info about the USA. I will be there soon and hope to use the iPad as a gps. I have heard hat you need a credit card with a USA address to activate the AT&T sim?

Most reactions

Latest posts