What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can no longer send email attachments

borischelski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coincidentally (?) since the most recent ios update I can no longer send email attachments on my ipad from platforms such as ibooks & resume star etc.This used to work perfectly from my ipad & still works fine if sent on my ipone.

The attachments are simple 2 page word docs ie CVs.

I use the standard default apple "mail, contacts, calendars" app.

Any help greatly appreciated as im trying to submit my CV asap.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What method are you using, that used to work, and is not working now. And what are the symptoms of failure (what does or does not happen that used to or not to happen)?

What version of iOS did you upgrade from?

I'm not familiar with the Resume Star app, but the only thing you can email out of iBooks are unprotected PDF files. The only kinds of documents iBooks will hold are ePub, PDF, and Apple's iBooks Author. It's been that way for quite a while.

image.png

If you use iCloud Drive, you can email attachements from any app that saves to iCloud Drive, directly from the Mail app. However, iCloud Drive gets full rather fast if you only have the free 5GB iCloud Storage tier. Just tap and hold in the body of hte email. When iCloud Drive is active you will get an Add Attachment option in the pop-up menu.

image.png

Excluding iCloud Drive enabled apps, the ability to send email attachements depends entirely on the app. The most common place to find the feature is under the square icon with the up arrow.

OP
B

borischelski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What method are you using, that used to work, and is not working now. And what are the symptoms of failure (what does or does not happen that used to or not to happen)?

What version of iOS did you upgrade from?

I'm not familiar with the Resume Star app, but the only thing you can email out of iBooks are unprotected PDF files. The only kinds of documents iBooks will hold are ePub, PDF, and Apple's iBooks Author. It's been that way for quite a while.

View attachment 73736

If you use iCloud Drive, you can email attachements from any app that saves to iCloud Drive, directly from the Mail app. However, iCloud Drive gets full rather fast if you only have the free 5GB iCloud Storage tier. Just tap and hold in the body of hte email. When iCloud Drive is active you will get an Add Attachment option in the pop-up menu.

View attachment 73737

Excluding iCloud Drive enabled apps, the ability to send email attachements depends entirely on the app. The most common place to find the feature is under the square icon with the up arrow.

OP
B

borischelski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all many thanks to all for very kindly taking the trouble to respond.

I immediatly go ahead with all ios updates & across all devices am currently on 9.3.5.It may be a coincidence but the problem restricted to my ipad has only just occurred.

Resume Star is a very simple CV pdf template.Unfortunately the manufacturers acknowledge that its build foes not physically allow acess on additional devices.

I have been emailing CVs from it on my ipad for many months. I click a submit button, add my email address to the standard email template & press send.

As previously this process follows through perfectly on the ipad......but is now no longer received.

I followed the open in ibooks option which works fine. However when following the same email process from ibooks the same problem occurs.

I have no problems sending emails directly from my standard ipad email app.

By contrast,following exactly the same action on both apps ie emailing works perfectly from my iphone.

I am scratching my head here as logically i must have inadvertedly changed settings on my ipad as it appears to make no sense ???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might just be a hangup with the Mail app's extention on the iPad.

If you have not done so, try reseting the iPad; hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

If that does not work:

If your email account is IMAP or Exchange, try deleting and re-adding the account on the iPad.

You can also try sending emails and attachments from other apps and see if they do the same thing. The bulld in Notes app would be a good test.

Most reactions

Latest posts