What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you pair bluetooth wifi non 3G ipad to a Motorola S10

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Motorola S10-HD - headset that I use with my iphone 4 all the time. Can I just turn off the bluetooth on the iphone 4 and then pair it with my wifi Ipad2 to listen to music?

Thanks in advance

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have wanted to do the same thing, however if you try to pair it with iPad, iPad will not recognize it. No way around this yet for headsets.

rainman4tech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth Headset

I currently use an oddball Bluetooth headset just as you have described, mostly with my iPhone for podcasts and phone calls but will ditch the phone (either turn it off or turn bluetooth off) pair it with my iPad and listen to music or podcasts. I am not a Skype user and have not tried to use the unit in that mode for the iPad but for regular cell calls on the iPhone it works well. I have used other headsets an S9 Motorola with the phone with good results just never with the iPad (sold the S9 before i got my iPad).
Rainman

Reaction score
The S10 should pair with the a2dp on the Ipad AND you need not turn off bluetooth on your phone. If memory serves the S10 is multi point ,iow will pair to more than 1 device at a time and connect to the one being used.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iManol said:
Just now I'm using my Nokia BH-214 Stereo Headphones with my iPad2 so the problem must be with the Motorola set...

There are different headsets, mono ones won't work which is what I meant. They don't support a2dp

OP
ThePhotog

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still haven't gotten it to pair with the ipad2. iPhone 4 no problem, even if the Bluetooth is turned off on the iPhone it wont pair with the iPad 2 wifi.

So I guess the answer is no, unless anyone knows a work around.

The Photog

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ThePhotog said:
I still haven't gotten it to pair with the ipad2. iPhone 4 no problem, even if the Bluetooth is turned off on the iPhone it wont pair with the iPad 2 wifi.

So I guess the answer is no, unless anyone knows a work around.

The Photog

Exactly, and it won't. Mountainbikermark, sorry.
iPad will not connect to mono headsets, only ones that support a2dp, which are stereo.

Reaction score
The S10hd isn't stereo? thinking of the S9hd, thought the S10 was its replacement and it's not stereo?

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile+Phone+Accessories/Headsets/Motorola-S10-HD-US-EN

My Jabra s60 has both a2dp and hfp and pairs fine to my iPad. Same with my Jabra 8010 and Jawbone Icon. I have them set to my iPad and phone. No I can't make Whistle ( voip app) phone calls on the iPad from them but if my phone rings the multi point on the 8010 and Icon allow me to answer it while the music is playing on the iPad.
In another thread a poster is stating their h17, a mono only earpiece, is working on their iPad.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

Binkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys..so wats the best bluetooth earphones to use in the ipad,and to receive callz????

Carlloch90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a pair of bh503 nokia headphones that I got from deal extreme for 15.00 AUD and they work a treat can watch up to 3 movies straight before needed to be recharged.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
The S10hd isn't stereo? thinking of the S9hd, thought the S10 was its replacement and it's not stereo?

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U...ne+Accessories/Headsets/Motorola-S10-HD-US-EN

My Jabra s60 has both a2dp and hfp and pairs fine to my iPad. Same with my Jabra 8010 and Jawbone Icon. I have them set to my iPad and phone. No I can't make Whistle ( voip app) phone calls on the iPad from them but if my phone rings the multi point on the 8010 and Icon allow me to answer it while the music is playing on the iPad.
In another thread a poster is stating their h17, a mono only earpiece, is working on their iPad.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

It must not support a2dp then.

Most reactions

Latest posts