What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant find rented movie on ipad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you rented it directly from the iPad it should show up in the Videos app once it finishes downloading. You'll need to be on a WiFi network for the download.

If you are not sure if it has downloaded, go to into the iTunes Store on your App and select the Downloads icon at the bottom of the screen. You should see any ongoing or paused downloads there. If it's paused make sure you have a good WiFi connection and will stay there for a couple hours before you ask it to resume.

If you used iTunes on your computer then it probably isn't synced yet.

Connect your iPad, select it in iTunes and go to the Movies tab. Make sure Sync Movies is selected. Turn off the automatically include option and you will see a list of all the movies currently in iTunes that can be synced to your iPad.

If it isn't there, make sure the movie has finished downloading. If iTunes isn't actively downloading it, go to the Store menu and Check for Available Downloads.

Unless you want to use one of the automatic settings, just select the movie you want by checking the box next to it. Sync your iPad. It will probably take a while. Movies tend to be big.

OP
I

iMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did download to my iPad but it said there were no videos in my video app. And when I try to download again from iTunes it tells me it was already rented.

OP
I

iMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded it again and nothing!!!! I might have to give them a call. I don't want a $15 charge for 3 I can't watch WTF!!!!!,

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am sure you have checked this but when I go to my videos app I find my rented movie under the heading at the top which says "rentals". This is, of course, when I download direct to ipad, which I always do.

ptab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never successfully downloaded a purchased or rented movie on my iPad. It takes 3 hours, get to within a few seconds of being finished, then gives me an error- tap to retry- but does not work. Since I did it directly on my iPad, not on the PC, it does not show in iTunes downloads on the PC, nor in videos on the iPad. Saying it again- I HATE iTunes!! Their response to me was, download it onto a PC, then transfer. Unacceptable, as they advertise download and watch directly on iPad!! I stopped paying $5 or more per movie, got Netflix for $8 per month, and can watch movies instantly - no 3 hour download time!

maydags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also downloaded two movies from iTunes to my iPad...it took forever and I cannot find them. I have been charged. This is ridiculous.

maydags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the video app and it defaults to movies. there is another tab at the top of the screen for "rentals". Click on this and you will find your rented movies.

cincysaab95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate to be dense but where is this video app on the iPad that is being referred to? I checked in the iPod icon and there's nothing there. Thanks.

cincysaab95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate to be dense but where is this video app on the iPad that is being referred to? I checked in the iPod icon and there's nothing there. Thanks.
I apologize. I found the video icon and voila. . .it was there! Thanks anyway.

cincysaab95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any bluray players out there that you are able to stream iTunes rented movies to or only AppleTV? Thanks in advance

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
cincysaab95 said:

You should have an app icon called Videos (not the iPod app). Look again and check any folders you have created...

rknock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same problem. Rented a movie from iTunes on my PC, downloaded it successfully, and transferred it to my iPad, so that in iTunes on my PC it shows up in 'Rentals' under the iPad device. However, when I try to find it on my actual iPad in the native 'Videos' app, there is no tab at the top for 'Rentals'. Only 2 tabs at the top: 'TV Shows' and 'Musis Videos', which contaain previously successfully downloaded and transferred videos. It also doesn't show up in the 'iPod' app on the iPad. Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts