What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant write past 6 lines in iPF app

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Thanks, Roy--I use the website and tapatalk for most forum use and the IPF for private messaging and uploading pics. So maybe I have never gone beyond the "bug" max to see it show up when starting a new thread.

Your welcome, I have never actually started a new thread so I would not have experienced it either. Over to the technicks. ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you hit Return before you start you post, you'll find that you are no longer limited to 6 lines. Also, if you attempt to edit in the first line, you'll be able to do so with no problems.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Kevin is right, pressing the return tab first will solve this problem and the post will post normally without the line break.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great news 'cos I have also encountered this from time to time but could never fathom out why it didn't happen all the time. Yes, you've guessed it, sometimes I hit the return key before typing!
Thanks all.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
If you hit Return before you start you post, you'll find that you are no longer limited to 6 lines. Also, if you attempt to edit in the first line, you'll be able to do so with no problems.

Maybe that's why I haven't noticed it so much and I joint the hitting the return button was only to light up the grey button again. Didn't realize that it was fixing the 6-line break as well!

Most reactions

Latest posts