What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

• Always (or almost always)

Votes: 220 59.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 91 24.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Never

Votes: 24 6.5%

• Total voters

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nickb67 said:
Is it true the ipad 3 wont charge while being used?
I currently own an ipad 2, the slow battery charge of the ipad3 is what made me not want to upgrade, that plus im waiting for the ipad 7 to be released in 7 months!

If you do web surfing it should charge while in use with no problem. If you are playing graphic intensive Ames with the brightness turned up it might not charge while in use.

TNYSLMN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I leave it on 24/7.i refresh it (turn it off then on) I think every 2 or 3 weeks...

I know I shouldn't..but I can't put it down for long..lol

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll all see my household list of tablets in my signature. NONE of them get turned off regularly, only if they are not going to be used for an extended period of 2/3 days (almost unheard of) or an occasional power cycle just because its the right thing to do.

My iPad goes on the charger every night, not matter what level the battery is at. Not only is it better for the battery if it is charged little & often, but the iPad backs up to iCloud automatically every day, that way. :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are we able to charge w o the iPad turned on??

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Are we able to charge w o the iPad turned on??

The iPad automatically turns on when plugged in, but you can then turn it off and it will continue to charge without any problems.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
The iPad automatically turns on when plugged in, but you can then turn it off and it will continue to charge without any problems.

Is there some sort of light that goes on indicating that its charging or do we just wait awhile and assume that it has been charged.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Is there some sort of light that goes on indicating that its charging or do we just wait awhile and assume that it has been charged.

There's no charging light. To see if it's charged or not, look at the battery icon in the top right of the screen, if you have the battery percentage indicator turned on, it will say 100% when it's fully charged. Also, when the battery is fully charged, the lightning bolt signal in the battery icon is replaced by a plug symbol.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
There's no charging light. To see if it's charged or not, look at the battery icon in the top right of the screen, if you have the battery percentage indicator turned on, it will say 100% when it's fully charged. Also, when the battery is fully charged, the lightning bolt signal in the battery icon is replaced by a plug symbol.

Ahhhh, I didn't know this was visible on the iPad. Just the iPod.

codyhanna20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes i leave my ipad on when im Charging it

i got my ipad from best buy in may! Ipad 64 black

sometimes i will go somewhere and leave it plugged in!

oh 1 more thing i have a wifi ipad! I got a samsung galaxy S3 cell phone!

It has a hot spot, so i can take my ipad on the road!

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always on standby when charging , every night just before bed unless the gf has used the charger on her ip4 :-/

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

InkyMyCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge mine with it on. I don't have to charge this as much as I do my iPhone

Most reactions

Latest posts