What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading ipad from 3.2.2

Pmkeitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please make vid an leave links to acquire all that's needed to do this upgrade then downgrade pleeessssssee. (rookie)

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just noticed the above has almost no instructions, what exactly do we need to do?\

if i'm doing everything right, this thing doesn't work regardless. I stiill get the 3194 error, which is requires signature.

Last edited:

rookie's

iPF Noob
Reaction score
#Pmkeitt: sorry, no vid. maybe tuesday i make & upload it, after i fixed my friends new ipad (original 3.2.2 from store).
Files : 1. itunes10 portable: fcportables.blogspot.com
2. error 1015 fixer: comunidadtouch-jaibreak.blogspot.com
3. SAVE firmwire (not from apple): download.imodzone.net

#T0ol: u can create portable itunes using VMware ThinApp for Win7

#djricekcn: here detailed instruction.....

1. Upgrade it to 4.2 (must a NON DEVELOPER UDID)
2. Let in "recovery mode" hang (itunes will show error that ur a non developer)
3. Unplugged USB connector (ipad always in recovery mode, even u reboot it)
4. Delete itunes & quicktime
5. update host:
127.0.0.1 localhost
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
6. open portable Itunes10
7. recovery using other firmwire (3.2, 3.2.1, 3.2.2)
8. If you got error 1015, than SUCCESS to DOWNGRADE
9. Use "Error 1015 Fixer.exe"
10. Smile..............

Computer status:
- Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SvcPack 3
- itunes 10
- .Net 4
- Intel Core2 Duo CPU E6550 @2.33GHz

PS:
1. If u wanto to downgrade, first u must upgrade it to 4.2 then recovered using the firmwire that u want.

2. To keep ur upgrade/downgrade firmwire NOT PATCH by apple, save all firmwire NOW (3.2, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 4.2). HURRY UP............. BEFORE ITUNES FIXED IT

rookie's

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS again: to downgrade/upgrade again, u must delete itunes temporary file/directory that create by itunes portable. solution is: kill ipodservices.exe using task manager

gr56sbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
#rookie's: I done exactly the same steps and the result is: "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)."

something is wrong...

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do you upgrade to make it infinite reboot? i can only upgrade in a way to make it "upgrade to 4.2" by clicking SHIFT on Check for updates.

Last edited:

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not working for me, gives me "We're unable to complete your activation" on iTunes and tells me to register as a developer. can't even update/restore

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have to get it back into recovery mode by holding power and home for ~10 sec to turn off. hold both buttons til the silver apple shows then keep holding the home button til itunes recognizes it's in recovery mode. then you can select any of the other images.

i can get this far, but i get the 3194 error also. i did apply the fix with no result. i may just go back to 3.2.2 if i can't get anywhere soon. gonna look for a 3.2 img now.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have to get it back into recovery mode by holding power and home for ~10 sec to turn off. hold both buttons til the silver apple shows then keep holding the home button til itunes recognizes it's in recovery mode. then you can select any of the other images.

i can get this far, but i get the 3194 error also. i did apply the fix with no result. i may just go back to 3.2.2 if i can't get anywhere soon. gonna look for a 3.2 img now.

i thought receovery mode is HOME+POWER with the itunes icon.
that other one is usb mode or something...at least from what I remmeber it...regardless I get 3194 (needs signature) error as well. i don't think works without SHSH like everything else.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess it doesn't matter how you get there, just as long as you do. my method worked to get me into recovery.

just some info about my ipad. i purchased it today and it's preinstalled with 3.2.2. 16g, non 3g version.

going back to 3.2.2 worked fine.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried it with a SHSH ipad and it works so I guess I can confirm on my end that it only works with a SHSH'ed iPad. I can't get it to work on a 3.2.2 that didn't have SHSH due to that's how it was out of the package

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess it doesn't matter how you get there, just as long as you do. my method worked to get me into recovery.

just some info about my ipad. i purchased it today and it's preinstalled with 3.2.2. 16g, non 3g version.

going back to 3.2.2 worked fine.

For me too work fine , without SHSH or something else , only my iTunes , i admit i scare when my itunes say i need to be a register developer for downgrade my ipad …for put it in restore mode:

i close itunes
i plug the device in my Mac and keep HOME+POWER pressed
Release power when i see the Apple Logo and keep Home pressed until i see my itunes bounce and say : itunes found a ipad in recovery mode … et voila

my advice is get the IPSW file from Apple server is more safe

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts