What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloaded Items

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saved a copy of a letter I need to print. Usually items save to the downloads folder. Without a name, I can’t search. How do I bring up the folder? I rarely do it so forget each time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Were you using Safari?

If so, Safari does not automatically save files, it only opens them to view. After the file is open, you have to use the Share Sheet (the box icon with an up arrow) to specify an app, extetion, or Files app to save the file.

Or you can chose to print it directly from the view in Safari using AirPrint.

If you were using some other app or browser than Safari, the file should have been saved in that app.

2EEAEC84-8872-40C1-8703-B2295B13D8D6.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unlike a PC or a Mac, there is no centralized downloads folder on an iPad or other iOS device. Twerppoet offers very good advice.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Should work almost the same way in Chrome. Open the document by tapping the link, then save it using the share sheet.

The only browser that I know for certain has a download folder is iCab Mobile. Saves are local in the app, unless you link it to a network folder. In the end, it’s not anly more convinient than using Safrai or Chome, just different.

Most reactions

Latest posts